Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Story of My Life


It seams as though I have ambition, or maybe it's just something inherent in all men. I start these crazy projects that end with mixed results. Once it was a bookshelf. Of course I couldn't just make a normal book shelf, it had to have crazy angles and aircraft cable. Then there was the Media Center PC. I bought a 500GB harddrive, and new RAM, but of course they weren't compatible. I eventually got the computer to work, and it's still sitting next to my TV.....but it's not hooked up.

Last week, while cleaning my bike, I found out that I had two broken spokes on my rear bike wheel. I could just take my bike to the shop and have someone fix it, but what's the fun in that. So I went to the bike shop and after a breif converation with bike mechanic I walked out with a new wheel, two specialtey bike tools and $120.00 less in my wallet.

I was able to get the rear cogset off the old wheel and on to the new one fairly easly. I go the new wheel on the bike and took it for a spin. I did notice that the breaks are not properly aligned, and that the cables are a little warn, but I'll leave that for another day.

No comments: