Monday, February 16, 2009

My G1 phone is amazing

So a little while ago I wrote a posted about my G1 phone working without the data plan. To reiterate it worked perfectly fine without the data plan.......but it works even better with it.

I was trying to fix a problem with my SD card, so I decided to reset my phone. To do this it required me to turn back on the data plan. Now I'm hooked.

This morning I used an app called Buddy Runner, a GPS tracking app that works off my phone. I was able to track my run, fairly accurately, and give me a report on my distance, time and elevation. It also sends the information to a website that logs all your runs.

With the Android app store going to payed apps this week I am sure there will be even greater apps to come. I guess there is a good side to capitalism after all.

No comments: