Friday, March 13, 2009

Meet the Strohmeier's

Last night I flew to the west coast to meet my girlfriend. We've been dating about four months now. In my option the relationship has been progressing we'll, at a normal pace except for the fact that after this weekend we will have already met each others parents. I am not sure where this should fall on the standard relationship timeline, but it seams a little quick to me, but this was not by our design.

Shortly after we started dating my father moved to Boston to live with me while he underwent some medical treatments. So naturally, when someone is living with you for two months you would expect that they would meet your girlfriend. And of course my mom came to visit for two weeks as well.

The trip to the west coast was originally to meet her friends and go to Disneyland. But again due to circumstances out of her control we're ending up spending the weekend with her family.

I must admit. I have never met "The Parents" before. I'm a little concerned. After we started dating her father sent me strange messages via facebook......yes her father is on facebook. (Mine was to for a while, but left citing "there is just to much information on Facebook".) I have sense learned that her father has a strange sense of humor, and that there was no harm intended.

This mornning I woke up at 4:00 AM (7:00 AM my time), I'm sitting in their basement alone writing thsi blog wondering how he weekend will turn out.

No comments: