Wednesday, January 21, 2009

G1-data=cool+savings

So my diabolical plan worked after all. I have been wanting a smart phone for some time but did not want to pay the extra charges for the data plan. So when the G1 came out I was pretty excited.

First off, when I bought the phone the salesman in the store said you could cancel the data plan after one month. But when I called T-mobile on Monday to cancel the data plan they assured me that the phone would be bricked after I canceled the data plan.

Two days later the phone sill works, and I can access the internet & maps when I am near a wifi point. The only negative I have found is that the twitter client that I am using seams a little buggy. I assume that some of the apps may be programmed to work on the network not through the wifi, so there may be a few apps that don't work properly.

Ps in order to get the text messaging plan back on to my phone I had to tell the website that I did not have a G1. I needs my 400 text's a month......what does that say about me?

No comments: