Saturday, October 11, 2008

Charismatic Identity crisis.

For about 8 years I was part of a church that would be considered charismatic. During those years I was in services and heard teaching that you would expect in a charismatic setting. Things like prophecy, speaking in tongues and hearing form God.

Recently I have left the institutional church and in light of the recent Sara Palin video and watching the movie Religulous, I have begun to question some of those previous experiences.

With a critical eye I can see how some of that I experience and was tough was just plain strange, and somewhat unhealthy. But then again, one time I had a very real experience that I can only classify as a baptism of the Holy Spirit.

What is one to do when their objective observations and real experiences clash.

Thus the paradox of following Jesus.

No comments: