Monday, June 16, 2008

Vacaton: Part 1

For the past three years I have gone on vacation with two good friends. California twice, the Florida Keys last year and this year we are in the Pacific Northwest. Portland and Seattle to be specific.

The first leg our our trip, thus part 1, has been in Portland. We are visiting friends that we knew from our church back in Boston. To me the best way to describe Portland is to point you towards the blog Stuff white people like. There are a lot of white people in Portland, and bikes, and dogs. Don't get me wrong I like all of these things, but having lived in Dorchester for two years it's a little strange to see so many white people in one town.

While we were in Portland we went to Multanomah Falls, just outside of the city. A stunning waterfall, a must see. We also went to the Zoo, and had dinner in the pearl district. We also visited our friends church on Sunday, Moasic. It was a good service, and for me it was good to worship. Having not been to a formal service in about a year, I have missed connecting with god in that way.

Today we are on to Olympic National park then to Seattle.

No comments: