Sunday, December 2, 2007

Cabin Model

Keith and I build a sketch model of the cabin tonight. A sketch model is a simple and quick model of your building. Like drawing a sketch, it is intended to be very basic. Here are two picture of the model.


I apologize for the lighting in the photos. (I have pretty crapy lighting in my apartment.) While making it I came away with a few thing I will change, after all the is the point of a sketch model.

1 The windows on the side, because I work in an Architecture office I have access to glass samples. These samples are 1'x1' insulated glass samples. I think I could use them as a vertical ribbon on the sides instead of putting a normal 4'x4' window. This would add an interesting visual component to the side of the building.
2 The roof, I think I will lowe the pitch of the roof so it isn't as steep.

No comments: