Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The First Tree

Tonight 11 neighbors came together to plant our first tree of the season. It took a little longer than we had planned, we ran into some rocks.

We also finalized the plan for a small butterfly garden in another part of the park. In doing this we ran into a little, shall we say "disagreement", but we worked through it and came away with a nice design.

This reminds me of a passage that I read recently, "Reconciliation is more important and closer to God than even the temple sacrifices" It encourages me to think that a group of neighbors working through an issue, is more important to God than the religious things that I might do to make me feel better about myself. This is the heart of God.

Perhaps after conquering tree planting we can tackle racial reconciliation.

No comments: