Sunday, June 3, 2007

Life Map













I have come to the conclusion that my life is quite compartmentalized.
  • I work in the North End
  • Go to Church in the South End
  • Have a small group in Quincy
  • Meet through-out the city for various social justice meetings
  • Live in Dorchester where I try to love my neighbors and the poor.

This really is to much for one person. Were we really meant to be stretched so thin? Is this just the nature of being a 20 something in an urban setting? Is it because as Americans we have so many options that we can pick and choose the best. How am I to be fully invested in each of these things at the same time?

This spring I began to wonder what would it look like if:
  • My small group was my church?
  • We met in my neighborhood?
  • My church was made up of people in my neighborhood?
  • We loved our neighbors and practiced social justice together
Suddenly, I would save myself a lot of travel time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow ... looking at it on a map sure puts some things in perspective, huh. I'm afraid of what my own life map would look like.

I am dreaming of all the same things, Brian. How can we help each other realize some of them?

Peace.