Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Community Project

Last night I went to a community party in my old neighborhood. It was jointly hosted by the neighborhood group I was involved with and the Animal Rescue League of Boston. For the past three years there has been a group tirelessly working towards improving the local park by the creation of a Dog Recreation Space. Last night was a sort of celebration and reminder of all the work that is ahead.

It reminded me of how much I loved that neighborhood, but specifically of now much I loved the people. I realized that the creation of the DRS was just a means to an end. That end being a stronger community. Neighbors banding together to make their piece of the city just a little bit better.

If you could, please consider donate some money to towards the DRS. They still need to raise $10,000 in order to complete the project. You can donate through the Animal Rescue League's website. Just put Ronan Park Dog Run in the Special Instructions space.

No comments: