Monday, July 21, 2008

Church Detox Part 4



It’s hard to follow Jesus outside of a community. Although I believe that they past year of not attending church has been a great experience I have found that it has one side effect. It’s lonely. The past year has been marked wth many great expierences but few people to share them with.

I didn't completely cut all ties to communitity this past year. I have kept in touch with several friends, and even concisoulsy chose to meet with two fellow followers of Jesus roughly one a week. Even when I did Kingdom work in my neighborhood, it was with other people, although they were not followers of Jesus.

The pastor from my old church would put it this way, It’s better to do things in groups. With a group of people, you get friendship, community, and with a common common cause anything is possible.

Photo Credit Residualsignal (Click)

No comments: