Saturday, November 17, 2007

Cabin Schematics 2

After a bit of research I think a 26' long stone wall will be a bit to complicated to build so I have done a little redesign on the cabin. There is still stone incorporated into the design. Now there are 4 stone piers that hold up the columns that make up the main structural frame.

The frame will consist of some rough cut trees that I will cut from the site. I want to leave them fairly natural. basicaly I'm thinking that I will only strip off the bark and leave the rough shape of the tree. It should look pretty cool on top of the stone piers.


The rest of the structure will be mostly timber frame construction out of trees that I cut down from the site. It's not a big cabin so I think the thickest tree I will need to cut down would be 12" in diameter.

Let me know what you think.....feed back is encouraged. Sorry but there are no fancy architectural rendering as of yet.



No comments: