Sunday, February 11, 2007

City Life


I love the City. I love seeing the bright lights of the buildings forming a souliette against Gods canvas at night. To many the city is only filled with confusion and distractions. They would much rather go out to the farthest destination that they can find, where few humans have ever touched, there they find God.

When I look at the City, I see children imitating God. We have seen his creation, and fully understand its wonder. Our response is to feebly attempt to recreate that wonder. We meticulously plan, for years, decades even, putting up building after building, and sometimes we get close, really close. Most times we fall way short.

In the city I see man mimicking God, man making his own creation. I can’t help but smile. I guess that is why I became an architect.

No comments: